How much can you do with an online vet call?
Let's start with the vets
Onto the basics
- Upset tummies, vomiting and diarrhoea
- Toxin advice: if your pet has eaten something they shouldn’t have
- Assess skin conditions
- Ear and eye health
- Assessing coughing & sneezing
- First aid and wound care
- Assessing lumps and bumps
- Limping and lameness
Not sure if it's an emergency? Can't tell if you need to head into practice? The vets can help triage (think NHS111 for pets), and determine whether a physical trip is needed.
For preventative care
Preventative care for pets is important as it can help avoid issues later down the line. Through Joii you can access a number of clinics to give you the right advice and skills to help your unique pet. Our vet nurse clinics include:
- Dental (caring for teeth and gums)
- Grooming and shampoo (caring for skin and bath time tips)
- Diet advice
- Wellbeing (general behavioural support and guidance)
- Flea and worming (advise on parasite control)
- New puppy, new kitten and ageing pet support
You can even ask the team for advice if you're picking up a new pet and want to make sure everything is a'ok with the breeder (same applies if you need help adjusting a rescue pet into your home)
And for behaviour
Our clinical behaviourist can work on a range of issues in cats and dogs, including:
- Aggressive behaviour towards people or other animals
- Fearful or phobic behaviour
- Separation anxiety
- Inappropriate urination and marking
- Predatory behaviours
What actually happens during a vet call?
After the consultation
Your vet will write up consultation notes with any product recommendations for your furry friend. You will get a notification when these are ready or you can find your notes in 'consultation history' in the app. These remain in your history of the app so you can look back on these whenever you need them.
Need advice for your dog or cat?
Download the Joii app today for 24/7 online vet calls for £24.