Vet's recipe: frozen lolly stick for dogs
Vet's recipe: frozen ice lolly for dogs
A cool treat for your best friend
Joii Vet Jennifer has shared her go-to recipe for those warmer months. A perfect treat for your dog that will satisfy the tummy, all while cooling them down. In just five steps. And vet approved! What's not to love?
300ml of water
1 of your dog's favourite treats
A mould for the freezer
(Makes 5 lollies)
Let's get mixing
1. Remove the core and seeds from apple and chop into small pieces, then grate the carrot.
2. Measure out 300ml of water and add the grated carrot and chopped apple to a blender. Blend until you have a smooth texture.
3. Divide the mixture equally into five moulds before placing into the freezer until partially set (around 1-2 hours).
4. Remove the mixture and add dog treat to make the stick of lolly.
5. Place into freezer until fully set – make sure to remove it from the mould before giving to your dog!